When you think of the term pattern, your mind may automatically go to a cheetah print, stripes or polka dots. Those are definitely patterns commonly used in fashion and design. However, we are now seeing the use of houndstooth and other, more modern, geometric patterns make their way into furniture and design accessories. And we are here for it! The use of patterns in design can be overwhelming if not used correctly. With the rise of a more muted, minimalist style, patterns must be used sparingly and sprinkled throughout the room so they can act as focal pieces without creating too much of a distraction. From plateware to seating pieces, we want to showcase luxe patterns in design and how you can integrate them into your home.
1. The Etro Home Interiors Samarcanda Pouf in Houndstooth Print and Brass ($4,790) is the perfect accent piece for any living space. Using the traditional houndstooth pattern in a modern color, the pouf can be used as an ottoman or as a decorative piece to add texture and shape to any room.
2. The Artistic Mosaic panel made of aluminum, glass, marble and mother-of-pearl is an absolute showstopper! With its horizontal and vertical patterns, the panel takes on a life of its own when light reflects off of the hand cut tiles. It is large enough to use as a room divider or an accent art piece. ($24,831.65)
3. The sophisticated Etro Home Interiors Renè Long Mirror is upholstered in fabric from Etro Home Interiors collection. Both functional and aesthetically pleasing, the naturally beveled mirror boasts details in patinated bronze brass. ($16,220)
4. The Mid-19th Century English Axminster Rug is the only conversation piece you need in the room. Handwoven in England, circa 1840, this traditional rug commands to be seen with its muted colored pattern. ($650,000)
5. This set of 6 Dior Dinner Plates from the new Dior Maison creations showcases vibrant patterns that decorate the rim of the plate. Taking inspiration from Maria Grazia Chiuri for the Dior Cruise 2022 fashion show, the plates will bring haute couture to any dinner party. ($1,350)
6. The Pibiones Bianco Fenice Stone by Pierluigi Piu for LITHEA is the ultimate wall covering. Made of stone in an ivory hue, the modern pattern adds a level of sophisticated detail and texture to any space. ($13,140)
7. The Gianfranco Ferré Home Franklin Armchair boasts the Scandinavian design that we love while the houndstooth upholstery stays true to the authentic DNA of Gianfranco Ferré Home brand. Use as a single accent piece or pair a set to help frame a room. ($7,830)
8. The Contemporary Composition with Limited Edition Tiles by Mariana Lloyd consists of sixteen tiles from the collection “130 azulejos”. The perfect accent art piece for a dining or living space. ($1,900)
Which patterned piece was your favorite? Let us know in the comments below!